© 2016 All rights reserved
Enquiries to +44(0)1325 374278 or 07774 116962
Terms and Conditions
1. Visitors (also known as Hirers) must agree to be responsible occupants of the holiday home and to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition and to either replace any breakages with similar articles or to reimburse the Owners for the cost of doing so.
2. Letting Periods commence at 3.00pm and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with the Owners. The commencement date and letting period is as described on the Booking Form
a) An initial non-
b) Where the aforementioned deposit applies the full rental less £50 is payable no later than 8 weeks before the commencement date. None payment at this time following reminders of any nature will presume the cancellation of the booking and the property will be made available for letting.
c) In the event of (b) above occurring and a letting is achieved at the same financial terms the Owners will make a charge of £25 and return the balance.
d) In the event that the Visitor cancels his /her booking before the commencement and a new letting is not achieved upon the same terms the full fee or the balance of the full fee is due on demand.
e) Only upon the deposit being received by the Owner and a letter of confirmation has been despatched will a contract have been deemed to be created between the parties for the letting of the property.
f) Any bookings within 8 weeks of commencement will necessitate the payment of the deposit and fee in full to secure the booking.
4. Numbers. If in the event the property is occupied by a number of persons in excess of those agreed with the Owners the Owners reserve the right to determine the letting without compensation. As our properties are solely intended for family holidays and group lettings are prohibited we reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking which may in the Owners opinion by reason of number or composition be unsuitable for the property concerned.
5. If for any reason beyond the Owners control the property is not available, or has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting either prior to the letting period (e.g. by fire, water damage or any other fault) for the dates booked the Owners will offer the Hirer alternative accommodation of similar monetary value, if at all possible. If no alternative is available, all rent and charges paid by the Hirer to the owners will be refunded in full and there will be no further claim against the Owners.
6. If for any reason beyond the Owners control the property has in the Owners’ opinion become unusable or has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting (e.g. by fire, water damage or any other fault) during the Letting Period the Owners will offer the Hirer alternative accommodation of similar monetary value, if at all possible. If no alternative is available, all rent and charges paid by the Hirer to the Owners will be refunded for the unexpired term of the Letting Period and there will be no further claim against the Owners. This refund will be calculated as 14% of the weekly fee for each unexpired 24 hour period.
7. Pets are permitted in properties on the understanding that they are not allowed onto the furniture or into the bedrooms, are not left alone in the property and no sign of the pet is evident in the property or garden on departure and no nuisance or annoyance is caused to neighbours. You will be required to leave immediately, without refund, if you are in breach of any part of this condition.
8. Linen will be supplied in accordance with numbers of persons identified upon booking.
9. Smoking is not allowed within the cottage or within 7 metres of any doorway or window.
10. Services. All service costs such as gas and electricity is included in the letting charge. The telephone (if supplied) is intended only for local outgoing calls. These costs are included in the letting charge. Any costs that may arise in contravention of this concession will be recharged to the Visitor.
11. Internet facilities are provided subject to availability. This is the case this free service is for surfing only. The use of the Internet connection cannot be guaranteed and the Owners will not be liable for any loss of service.
12. The Owners do not accept any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to the Visitor any member of his /her family or guest, their baggage, car or contents resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party or for any other reason.
13. No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to the Hirer or any member of the party or any invited person, or any vehicle, its contents, or any possession of the Hirer any member of the party as defined above.
14. Access. The Owners reserve rights of access for themselves and their servants or agents for essential maintenance and or annual ETC inspections. Such access will be as far as possible with prior arrangement.
15. Cancellation Insurance. The Owners do not operate such a scheme but Visitors are recommended to consider such protection.
16. Misrepresentations. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the particulars or web sites and any oral information and information given in good faith no such representations constitute liability on the part of the Owners.
17. Acceptance of conditions. The payment of a deposit and or fee assumes that the Visitor has read the above conditions and acceptance of the same.
18. The delivery of unsigned Booking Forms to the Owner by email is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
19. Any contract created in connection with any booking will be deemed for the purpose of any litigation to have been created in Darlington
|Todd Crag House|
|Terms and Conditions|
|Frequently Asked Questions|